The mission of our school is 'to provide education appropriate to the needs of all learners in the school community and of society'.
Our school maxim
'Success is the key to learning'
Our school motto
We are safe, respectful learners
- Caring for self and others: The importance of ensuring the safety and wellbeing of yourself and those around you.
- Respect: The requirement that courtesy and respect is shown to all school community members, both within and outside the school grounds
- Inclusion and tolerance of difference: The understanding that everyone has a right to be part of our school, regardless of difference
- Commitment and determination: The belief that dedication and persistence are crucial components in successful learning
- Resilience and confidence: The importance of being able to bounce back, to recover from setbacks and develop inner strength creativity
- Creativity and innovation: The ability to be resourceful and innovative in finding opportunities and solutions
Our school vision
Keeping in mind the philosophy of successfully creating safe, respectful learners, Alexandra Hills State High School aims to provide an educational environment which:
recognises the individual differences of all students
encourages each individual to develop to his/her highest possible potential - mentally, physically and socially
promotes a positive self-image, self-discipline, self-respect, respect for others and a sense of community responsibility as a global citizen.