Alexandra Hills State High School is supported by two Guidance Officer's-
Jenny Bourke (Year 7, 9, 11) firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean Thomas (Year 8, 10, 12). email@example.com
The Guidance Officer support students, staff and parents in a number of ways. These include:
- a confidential counselling service for both students, parents or guardians.
- social and emotional support when life gets a bit tough when dealing with family and friends
- academic support when making decisions about subject choices and study schedules.
- career advice
- the provision of QTAC sessions and assistance with scholarship application.
- making links with community agencies to help support students in ways that are beyond the school capacity e.g. financial support, mental health issues, employment links and family counselling
In addition to the above general areas of support, Jenny Bourke works in the role of the Indigenous Support Person.
A number of other support staff are also housed in The Hub including the Chaplain, The School Nurse and Youth Support Coordinator.
Options Career Information
Options - edition 10
Options - edition 11
Options - edition 12