Alexandra Hills State High School operates under an Enrolment Management Plan to ensure that the total current and forecast
enrolments do not exceed the school’s current built capacity.
Alexandra Hills State High School can offer enrolment to all students who reside inside
our catchment area and we also enrol many “out-of-catchment”
students each year. The school will consider all enrolment applications for students who reside outside the school catchment, but
a place at our school is not guaranteed.
Are you residing in the Alexandra Hills SHS Catchment Area?
You can view our catchment area by
visiting the Queensland Government Catchment Area website.
How to enrol
Every new student enrolment at Alexandra Hills State
High School involves parents attending an interview with their child and
submitting an enrolment application booklet.
Hills State High School we value the partnership between home and school. The
enrolment interview is an important opportunity for us to begin that
relationship. Please allow at least 30 minutes to complete your interview.
enrolment is not confirmed at the interview. The school must review the
application documents before making contact to provide the enrolment outcome.
For Year 8 to 12 enrolments, please contact us on (07) 3820 1444 to arrange a suitable appointment time. For Year 7, 2020 enrolments use the online booking link listed below.
Documents required at the enrolment interview
Student's birth certificate
- A copy (not original) of latest school report card
- For “in catchment” applicants – a copy of a utility bill (e.g.. electrical or gas bill) showing the same address and parent’s / legal guardian’s name as the enrolment application.
- Enrolment application booklet (completed before the interview)
- Student Resource Scheme participation form. (form provided at interview)
application booklets and specialist program application forms are available
from our school office with opening hours of 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Year 7 enrolments
- Interviews for Year 7, 2020 are held during enrolment evenings and are by appointment only
- one appointment only is required. A specialist program appointment will cover normal enrolment as well.
- Enrolment interviews are booked online using the following link: ONLINE ENROLMENT BOOKING from Wednesday 15 May 2019.
- STEM Academy and Sports Academy enrolment evenings will be held on Tuesday 28 May and Thursday 13 June, 2019. Additional application forms for the STEM Academy or Sports Academy programs must be submitted to the school before booking an enrolment interview. Applications and interviews for the STEM Academy and Sports Academy programs will close on Thursday 13 June, 2019.
- General enrolment and Rugby League Development program enrolment evenings will be held on Thursday 13 June, Monday 29 July and Tuesday 20 August, 2019. The additional application form for the Rugby League Development program must be submitted to the school before booking an enrolment interview.