What is VET?
VET stands for Vocational Education and Training and refers to education and training that provides the practical skills and knowledge you need to:
- join the workforce
- gain an apprenticeship or traineeship
- enter tertiary study.
Alexandra Hills State High School offers a range of Vocational Education and Training opportunities for students. These include stand-alone vocational education programs at Alexandra Hills SHS, school-based apprenticeships and traineeships, work experience, and TAFE programs.
VET qualifications offered at Alexandra Hills SHS are at one of the following levels:
- Certificate I, II, III
- For more information on which Certificate subjects offered at Alexandra Hills SHS, see Senior Subjects (link)
For more information on VET delivered at Alexandra Hills State High School, please contact the HOD of Senior School, Mrs Allison Smith, email@example.com.
Read more about how a VET qualification fits your education pathway.
Is VET for me?
You can benefit from a VET qualification at different times throughout your career or education.
Participating in a VET course while at school may:
- provide credit toward your Queensland Certificate of Education
- contribute to the calculation of your tertiary selection rank
- support your transition to employment, vocational and higher education.